- Please sign and forward this White House petition, written by a High School Student, to reduce standardized testing. (please do it – once the petition reaches 100,000 signatures, it is guaranteed a response from the White House).
- Anti-testing forums like this one are going on around the state. Please make it a point to attend the Patchogue-Medford rally on March 5th and the SWR testing conversation when it is rescheduled.
- Is the opt-out movement on the road to victory? According to this writer, it just might be.
- And what about the Common Core? Is that also on the way out?
- On that topic, here’s another piece from Carol Burris on just why she turned against the Common Core. (“It will lead to misery, not higher achievement”)
- A good response to people who don’t understand what’s wrong with standardized tests. It’s “Like using a scale to measure height”
- In a piece in the Suffolk County News, neighboring Superintendent David Gamberg calls the current reforms “The Worst in New York State History.”
- “Always Earning” “No Profit Left Behind.” Politico has takes a close look at Pearson, one of the corporations that has benefited the most from the current reform movement. Shockingly, Pearson still makes money, even when they don’t deliver what they promise. Crazy how accountability only applies to teachers.
- “You have made us the enemy – This is Personal.” In this piece, seven teachers of the year blast Cuomo’s proposals. Thanks to Karla Roberts for sharing the link .