The Board of Regents has released their preliminary recommendations for the New APPR regulations. Unless the bills currently in the Senate or Assembly go through, the final draft of these regulations are due June 30th and must be put into place by November 15th.
I don’t have a full summary yet, but you can see the full presentation here.
Some quick points:
- It requires two observations of at least 20 minutes in duration for un-tenured teachers or teachers who were previously low rated.
- Observations for tenured teachers who were previously rated effective must be at least 10 minutes in duration
- At least one observation must be unanounced
- It sets the “outside evaluator” portion of the observation component at 20%
- Observations can be live or via video (live or recorded)