In the last post, we talked about why this election is so important. Not only do we need each of you to make sure you get out and vote, but there are few other important things you can do to make sure that we come out on the winning side on November 6th.
- If you have grown children, make sure they are registered to vote. Click here for a link you can send them.
- If you have children away at college (or any family members who will be out of town on 11/6), click here to get them an absentee ballot.
- Click here to double check your own voter details (polling place, election districts, etc.) Or click here to find election district info for any address.
- Put it in your calendar – now. Planning out the time you’re going to vote (i.e. before school, after school, after dinner, etc) makes it much more likely that it will happen.
- Check out the list of NYSUT endorsed candidates (Don’t worry, we’ll send this out again – in a more condensed form – closer to Election Day)
- Help get out the vote. SWRTA will be helping out with phone banks on Monday, October 15th from 3:00 to 7 pm. You can come right after your building meetings.
Not only are phone banks way less stressful and much more fun than you probably think, they are also incredibly effective:
In the Con-Con election, 60% of NYSUT members voted overall. That’s pretty impressive, since it’s about double the general population. But what’s really amazing is that number rose to 87% among members who were directly contacted!
So please, click here to let us know that you’ll join us on the 15th . You can stay for as little or as long as you’re able.
2018 Phone Banks
223 Roanoke Ave, Riverhead